FreeTemplateFinder is a browser hijacker. FreeTemplateFinder browser hijacker replaces the home page and search engine in Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Browser.
FreeTemplateFinder does nothing good for your browser. FreeTemplateFinder is known because it collects data from your browser and acts as a useful search engine. In reality, the FreeTemplateFinder search engine does nothing right for your browser and has been classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by malware analysts.
After FreeTemplateFinder has infected the browser, the homepage and search engine are replaced by hp.myway.com. Browser searches are then redirected to Microsoft’s Bing search engine.
In the search results, the FreeTemplateFinder browser extension displays advertisements. These ads are for the sole purpose of misleading users by clicking on them. When the user clicks on them, money is earned by the developer of the FreeTemplateFinder browser hijacker.
If you find FreeTemplateFinder as a home page in your browser, I recommend you follow the instruction below and remove FreeTemplateFinder from your browser settings.
Uninstall FreeTemplateFinder extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FreeTemplateFinder” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall FreeTemplateFinder extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FreeTemplateFinder” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the FreeTemplateFinder extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove FreeTemplateFinder from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall FreeTemplateFinder add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find FreeTemplateFinder Search and Remove FreeTemplateFinder Search.
Do you still have FreeTemplateFinder in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select FreeTemplateFinder Internet Explorer Homepage and New Tab and click Uninstall.
- Follow FreeTemplateFinder uninstall instructions.
Remove FreeTemplateFinder adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing FreeTemplateFinder adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
FreeTemplateFinder adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove FreeTemplateFinder with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the FreeTemplateFinder detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed FreeTemplateFinder malware from your device.