FileConvertOnline is a browser hijacker. MindSpark Interactive LTD designed and developed FileConvertOnline. FileConvertOnline browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge to hp.myway.com.
FileConvertOnline is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage/new tab to convert your files online. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by FileConvertOnline is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because FileConvertOnline collects data from your browser, FileConvertOnline is classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
FileConvertOnline browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to hp.myway.com and the FileConvertOnline browser extension has been installed, remove the FileConvertOnline extension as soon as possible using this FileConvertOnline removal instruction.
Uninstall FileConvertOnline extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FileConvertOnline” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall FileConvertOnline extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FileConvertOnline” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the FileConvertOnline extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove FileConvertOnline from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall FileConvertOnline add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove FileConvertOnline from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find FileConvertOnline Search and Remove FileConvertOnline Search.
Do you still have FileConvertOnline in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select FileConvertOnline Internet Explorer Homepage and New Tab and click Uninstall.
- Follow FileConvertOnline uninstall instructions.
Remove FileConvertOnline adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing FileConvertOnline adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
FileConvertOnline adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove FileConvertOnline with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the FileConvertOnline detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed FileConvertOnline malware from your device.