Flow is a browser hijacker. Flow displays advertisements on the Google Search results with “Ads by Flow”. Flow is distributed on the internet using winspeedtest2.com and maybe even more websites.
Flow is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful tool to enrich Google search results. However, in reality, Flow is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the Flow adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because Flow gathers browsing data from your browser, Flow is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Flow browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to hp.myway.com and the Flow browser extension has been installed, remove the Flow extension as soon as possible using this Flow removal instruction.
Remove Ads by Flow
Uninstall Flow extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Flow” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Flow extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Flow” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Flow extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Flow from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Flow add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Flow from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Flow Search and Remove Flow Search.
Do you still have Flow in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Flow and click Uninstall.
- Follow Flow uninstall instructions.
Remove Flow adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Flow adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Flow adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Flow with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Flow detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Flow malware from your device.