BipApp is a browser hijacker. BipApp browser hijacker alters the new tab, search engine and homepage of the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge web browser.
BipApp is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage. However, in reality, BipApp is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the BipApp adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because BipApp gathers browsing data from your browser, BipApp is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
BipApp browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to toksearches.xyz and the BipApp browser extension has been installed, remove the BipApp extension as soon as possible using this BipApp removal instruction.
Uninstall BipApp extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “BipApp” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall BipApp extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “BipApp” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the BipApp extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove BipApp from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall BipApp add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove BipApp from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find BipApp Search and Remove BipApp Search.
Do you still have BipApp in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select BipApp and click Uninstall.
- Follow BipApp uninstall instructions.
Remove BipApp adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing BipApp adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
BipApp adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove BipApp with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the BipApp detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed BipApp malware from your device.