ConverterSearchHD is a browser hijacker. ConverterSearchHD browser hijacker redirects the Google Chrome web browser’s search results through feed.convertersearchhd.com.
ConverterSearchHD is usually recommended on the internet as an “easy web search at your fingertips“. However, in reality, ConverterSearchHD is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the ConverterSearchHD adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because ConverterSearchHD gathers browsing data from your browser, ConverterSearchHD is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
ConverterSearchHD browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to feed.convertersearchhd.com and the ConverterSearchHD browser extension has been installed, remove the ConverterSearchHD extension as soon as possible using this ConverterSearchHD removal instruction.
Uninstall ConverterSearchHD extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ConverterSearchHD” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall ConverterSearchHD extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ConverterSearchHD” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ConverterSearchHD extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ConverterSearchHD from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ConverterSearchHD add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ConverterSearchHD from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ConverterSearchHD Search and Remove ConverterSearchHD Search.
Do you still have ConverterSearchHD in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ConverterSearchHD and click Uninstall.
- Follow ConverterSearchHD uninstall instructions.
Remove ConverterSearchHD adware with Malwarebytes
I advise you to remove ConverterSearchHD adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ConverterSearchHD adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ConverterSearchHD with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ConverterSearchHD detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ConverterSearchHD malware from your device.