Cozysearch is a browser hijacker. Cozysearch browser hijacker that targets the Mozilla Firefox web browser. Cozysearch is a malicious add-on that redirects all search queries through Cozysearch.com.
Cozysearch is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage by Interdorry.com pop-up, and Jeeryload.com pop-up, probably much more. However, in reality, Cozysearch is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the Cozysearch adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because Cozysearch gathers browsing data from your browser, Cozysearch is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Cozysearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to Cozysearch.com and the Cozysearch browser extension has been installed, remove the Cozysearch extension as soon as possible using this Cozysearch removal instruction.
Uninstall Cozysearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Cozysearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Cozysearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Cozyasearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Cozysearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Cozysearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Cozysearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Cozysearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Cozysearch Search and Remove Cozysearch Search.
Do you still have Cozysearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Cozysearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow Cozysearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Cozysearch adware with Malwarebytes
I advise you to remove Cozysearch adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Cozysearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Cozysearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Cozysearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Cozysearch malware from your device.