How to remove Directbase.ru? When you recognize advertisements from the Directbase.ru website? You are scammed. Directbase.ru is a scam website that tricks you into subscribing to push notifications using your web browser.
Push notifications are alerts that are shown using your web browser settings. Scam websites such as the Directbase.ru site attempt to persuade you into a click on the allow button in your web browser.
Directbase.ru website advertises statements such as “click allow,” “click to verify if you are not a robot”, “click allow to view video” or “click allow to download the file.” The Directbase.ru site is known as a social engineering trick and is only used to deceive you into clicking on the advertisement.
If you have allowed the push notifications from Directbase.ru, advertisements are displayed that will try to make you click on the ads again. If you click on the push notification, the web browser will open and redirect the web browser to an even more potentially dangerous webpage. The Directbase.ru advertisement is associated with malvertising, adware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Adware is software particularly meant to steal web browsing data from your computer, Mac, Android phone, or tablet. The obtained web browsing data is finally sold by cybercriminals to make money from it.
If you see the Directbase.ru advertisement in your web browser, I do recommend that you remove the push notification setting installed by Directbase.ru to prevent further notifications and possible malware infections.
Remove Directbase.ru from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome browser, in the address bar type: chrome://settings/content/notifications
or follow the steps below.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Directbase.ru by clicking the three dots on the right next to the Directbase.ru URL and click Remove.
Remove Directbase.ru from Android
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, find the Chrome menu.
- In the menu tap Settings, scroll down to Advanced.
- In the Site Settings section, tap the Notifications settings, find the Directbase.ru domain, and tap on it.
- Tap the Clean & Reset button and confirm.
Remove Directbase.ru from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Directbase.ru URL from the list, and change the status to Block, save Firefox changes.
Remove Directbase.ru from Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- In the left menu click on Site permissions.
- Click on Notifications.
- Click on the three dots on the right of the Directbase.ru domain and Remove.
Remove Directbase.ru from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Directbase.ru domain and select it, click the Deny button.
Continue to the next step.
Remove Directbase.ru adware
You need to remove the Directbase.ru adware from your computer.
Malwarebytes is comprehensive adware – malware removal tool and Malwarebytes is free to use.
Websites such as Directbase.ru redirect you to dangerous advertisements that advise adware applications, the Directbase.ru website also redirects the browser to other malware such as crypto miners and various exploits. Make sure to completely clean your computer from malware with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the push notification detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed adware and other malware from your computer.