Easy Finder is a browser hijacker. Easy Finder hijacks search queries sent through your web browser. Easy Finder redirects the browser through Quicknewtab.com and several other fake search engines.
Easy Finder is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage by aaek.xyz pop-ups. However, in reality, Easy Finder is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the Easy Finder adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because Easy Finder gathers browsing data from your browser, Easy Finder is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Easy Finder browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to quicknewtab.com and the Easy Finder browser extension has been installed, remove the Easy Finder extension as soon as possible using this Easy Finder removal instruction.
Remove Easy Finder
Uninstall Easy Finder extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Easy Finder” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Easy Finder extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Easy Finder” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Easy Finder extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Easy Finder from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Easy Finder add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Easy Finder from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Easy Finder Search and Remove Easy Finder Search.
Do you still have Easy Finder in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Easy Finder and click Uninstall.
- Follow Easy Finder uninstall instructions.
Remove Easy Finder adware with Malwarebytes
I advise you to remove Easy Finder adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Easy Finder adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Easy Finder with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Easy Finder detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Easy Finder malware from your device.