When you notice advertisements in the Safari, Chrome, or Firefox web browser, stating your Mac is infected with a virus (Trojan Spyware alert) and Error code 0x898778 you are scammed. Error code 0x898778 is fake, it is an advertising scam set up by cybercriminals to deceive you into calling fake Apple Support services. These scammers are expensive and their only sole purpose is to steal data from your Mac and offer you a useless support contract. Do not call them.
Error code 0x898778 advertisements are associated with adware programs and malware on your Mac.
Not only adware is responsible for the Error code 0x898778 pop-up ads. On the Internet, advertising networks also redirect your web browser to Error code 0x898778. Some websites redirect users through advertising networks to generate revenue. Therefore your Mac Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox browser may end up on the Error code 0x898778 landing page.
I recommend that you check your computer for adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is free to check your computer for adware. If adware is found on your computer, you can use Malwarebytes to remove it for free.
This way, you will not run the risk of unwanted advertisements from Error code 0x898778 and other sites that redirect your browser again.
Remove Error code 0x898778 advertisement
Remove Error code 0x898778 malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use on Mac OS X.
Adware leaves traces such as malicious files, p-list files, scheduled tasks on your Mac computer, make sure to completely remove ads by Error code 0x898778 with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Error code 0x898778 adware detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed adware that is responsible for Error code 0x898778 ads from your computer.
Remove Error code 0x898778 from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Error code 0x898778 by clicking the three dots on the right next to the Error code 0x898778 URL and click Remove.
Remove Error code 0x898778 from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Error code 0x898778 URL from the list, and change the status to Block, save Firefox changes.
Remove Error code 0x898778 from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Error code 0x898778 domain and select it, click the Deny button.