FreePackageTrackerPlus is a browser hijacker. FreePackageTrackerPlus browser hijacker modifies the new tab or homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
FreePackageTrackerPlus is usually suggested on the internet as a helpful homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The web browsing data collected by the FreePackageTrackerPlus adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because FreePackageTrackerPlus gathers browsing data from your browser, FreePackageTrackerPlus is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
FreePackageTrackerPlus browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to hp.myway.com and the FreePackageTrackerPlus browser extension has been installed, remove the FreePackageTrackerPlus extension as soon as possible using this FreePackageTrackerPlus removal instruction.
Uninstall FreePackageTrackerPlus extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FreePackageTrackerPlus” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall FreePackageTrackerPlus extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FreePackageTrackerPlus” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the FreePackageTrackerPlus extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove FreePackageTrackerPlus from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall FreePackageTrackerPlus add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove FreePackageTrackerPlus from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find FreePackageTrackerPlus Search and Remove FreePackageTrackerPlus Search.
Do you still have FreePackageTrackerPlus in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select FreePackageTrackerPlus and click Uninstall.
- Follow FreePackageTrackerPlus uninstall instructions.
Remove FreePackageTrackerPlus adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing FreePackageTrackerPlus adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
FreePackageTrackerPlus adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove FreePackageTrackerPlus with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the FreePackageTrackerPlus detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed FreePackageTrackerPlus malware from your device.