History Zapper is a virus. History Zapper is advised through intrusive pop-ups from Historyzapper.com. After installation, the History Zapper malware gathers all your current browsing data and browser history from your browser.
History Zapper is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful extension to remove browsing history by historyzapper.com.
In reality, History Zapper is malware that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
History Zapper has the following browser permissions after installation.
- Read your browsing history
The web browsing data and browsing history collected by the History Zapper adware are used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because History Zapper gathers browsing data from your browser, History Zapper is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
History Zapper browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If the History Zapper browser extension has been installed, remove the History Zapper extension as soon as possible using this History Zapper removal instruction.
Remove History Zapper
Uninstall History Zapper extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “History Zapper” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall History Zapper extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “History Zapper” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the History Zapper extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove History Zapper from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall History Zapper add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove History Zapper from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find History Zapper Search and Remove History Zapper Search.
Do you still have History Zapper in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select History Zapper and click Uninstall.
- Follow History Zapper uninstall instructions.
Remove History Zapper adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing History Zapper adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
History Zapper adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove History Zapper with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the History Zapper detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed History Zapper malware from your device.