Joxi.net is a scam site, pretending to provide an HD Video update for your browser. In reality, when you download the video update you are installing malware on your computer. If your computer is infected with adware, then Joxi.net advertisements show up in your browser.
Not only adware is responsible for the Joxi.net pop-up ads. On the Internet, ad networks can also redirect your browser to Joxi.net. Some websites redirect users through ad networks to generate revenue. Therefore your browser may end up on the Joxi.net site.
I recommend that you check your computer for adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is free to check your computer for adware. If adware is found on your computer, you can use Malwarebytes to remove it for free.
This way, you will not run the risk of unwanted advertisements from Joxi.net and other sites that hijack your browser again.
Remove Joxi.net pop-up ads
Remove Joxi.net pop-up ads with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Joxi.net redirect with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove unwanted ads from Joxi.net with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Joxi.net adware detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed adware that is responsible for Joxi.net ads from your computer.
Remove Joxi.net from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Joxi.net by clicking the three dots on the right next to the Joxi.net URL and click Remove.
Remove Joxi.net from Android
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, find the Chrome menu.
- In the menu tap Settings, scroll down to Advanced.
- In the Site Settings section, tap the Notifications settings, find the Joxi.net domain, and tap on it.
- Tap the Clean & Reset button and confirm.
Remove Joxi.net from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Joxi.net URL from the list, and change the status to Block, save Firefox changes.
Remove Joxi.net from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the top right corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Go to Internet Options in the menu.
- Click on the Privacy tab and select Settings in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Joxi.net URL and click the Remove button to remove the domain.
Remove Joxi.net from Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to Settings, scroll further down to Advanced Settings
- In the Notification section click Manage.
- Click to Disable the on switch for the Joxi.net URL.
Remove Joxi.net from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Joxi.net domain and select it, click the Deny button.