MediaNewPage is a browser hijacker. MediaNewPage alters the homepage of your browser to search.medianewpagesearch.com. MediaNewPage also redirects the browser’s search engine through Yahoo search.
MediaNewPage is usually suggested on the internet as a helpful homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The web browsing data collected by the MediaNewPage adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because MediaNewPage gathers browsing data from your browser, MediaNewPage is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
MediaNewPage browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to medianewpagesearch.com and the MediaNewPage browser extension has been installed, remove the MediaNewPage extension as soon as possible using this MediaNewPage removal instruction.
Uninstall MediaNewPage extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search and Newtab by MediaNewPage” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall MediaNewPage extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MediaNewPage” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MediaNewPage extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MediaNewPage from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MediaNewPage add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MediaNewPage from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MediaNewPage Search and Remove MediaNewPage Search.
Do you still have MediaNewPage in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MediaNewPage and click Uninstall.
- Follow MediaNewPage uninstall instructions.
Remove MediaNewPage adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MediaNewPage adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MediaNewPage adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MediaNewPage with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MediaNewPage detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MediaNewPage malware from your device.