Mydosearch is usually recommended on the internet by scam pop-ups such as tmhg.xyz. However, in reality, Mydosearch is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the Mydosearch adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because Mydosearch gathers browsing data from your browser, Mydosearch is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Mydosearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If the Mydosearch browser extension has been installed, remove the Mydosearch extension as soon as possible using this Mydosearch removal instruction.
Uninstall Mydosearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Mydosearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Mydosearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Mydosearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Mydosearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Mydosearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Mydosearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Mydosearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Mydosearch Search and Remove Mydosearch Search.
Do you still have Mydosearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Mydosearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow Mydosearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Mydosearch adware with Malwarebytes
I advise you to remove Mydosearch adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Mydosearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Mydosearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Mydosearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Mydosearch malware from your device.