ProductivityBoss is a browser hijacker. ProductivityBoss browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
ProductivityBoss is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by ProductivityBoss is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because ProductivityBoss collects data from your browser, ProductivityBoss is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
ProductivityBoss browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to hp.myway.com and the ProductivityBoss browser extension has been installed, remove the ProductivityBoss extension as soon as possible using this ProductivityBoss removal instruction.
Uninstall ProductivityBoss extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ProductivityBoss” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall ProductivityBoss extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ProductivityBoss” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ProductivityBoss extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ProductivityBoss from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ProductivityBoss add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ProductivityBoss from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ProductivityBoss Search and Remove ProductivityBoss Search.
Do you still have ProductivityBoss in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ProductivityBoss and click Uninstall.
- Follow ProductivityBoss uninstall instructions.
Remove ProductivityBoss adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing ProductivityBoss adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ProductivityBoss adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ProductivityBoss with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ProductivityBoss detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ProductivityBoss malware from your device.