SearchConvertor is adware. SearchConvertor browser hijacker modifies the new tab, search engine and homepage of the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge web browser to “SearchConverter Search“.
SearchConvertor is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage using get.searchconverter.com ads. However, in reality, SearchConvertor is an adware program that collects all kinds of browsing data from your web browser settings.
- Read your browsing history
- Change your search settings to: feed.searchconvertor.com
The web browsing data collected by the SearchConvertor adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because SearchConvertor gathers browsing data from your browser, SearchConvertor is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
SearchConvertor browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to feed.SearchConvertor.com and the SearchConvertor browser extension has been installed, remove the SearchConvertor extension as soon as possible using this SearchConvertor removal instruction.
Uninstall SearchConvertor extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchConvertor” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall SearchConvertor extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchConvertor” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SearchConvertor extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SearchConvertor from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SearchConvertor add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SearchConvertor from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SearchConvertor Search and Remove SearchConvertor Search.
Do you still have SearchConvertor in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SearchConvertor and click Uninstall.
- Follow SearchConvertor uninstall instructions.
Remove SearchConvertor adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SearchConvertor adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SearchConvertor adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SearchConvertor with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SearchConvertor detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SearchConvertor malware from your device.