SopitaAm is a virus. SopitaAm gathers browsing data and redirects your browser’s new tab and search queries through unknown search engines.
SopitaAm is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful extension by installus.xyz pop-up ads. Installus.xyz is probably one of many webpages that promote the SopitaAm virus.
However, in reality, SopitaAm is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the SopitaAm adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because SopitaAm gathers browsing data from your browser, SopitaAm is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
SopitaAm browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your browser’s search results have changed to toksearches.xyz and the SopitaAm browser extension has been installed, remove the SopitaAm extension as soon as possible using this SopitaAm removal instruction.
Uninstall SopitaAm extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SopitaAm” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall SopitaAm extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SopitaAm” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SopitaAm extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SopitaAm from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SopitaAm add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SopitaAm from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SopitaAm Search and Remove SopitaAm Search.
Do you still have SopitaAm in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SopitaAm and click Uninstall.
- Follow SopitaAm uninstall instructions.
Remove SopitaAm adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SopitaAm adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SopitaAm adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SopitaAm with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SopitaAm detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SopitaAm malware from your device.