SportStreamSearch is a browser hijacker. SportStreamSearch browser hijacker alters the new tab, search engine and homepage of the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge web browser.
SportStreamSearch is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage by get.SportStream-Search.com pop-up advertisements.
In reality, SportStreamSearch is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
- Read your browsing history
- Change your search settings to: feed.sportstream-search.com
The web browsing data collected by the SportStreamSearch adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because SportStreamSearch gathers browsing data from your browser, SportStreamSearch is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
SportStreamSearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to feed.sportstream-search.com and the SportStreamSearch browser extension has been installed, remove the SportStreamSearch extension as soon as possible using this SportStreamSearch removal instruction.
Uninstall SportStreamSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SportStreamSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall SportStreamSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SportStreamSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SportStreamSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SportStreamSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SportStreamSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SportStreamSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SportStreamSearch Search and Remove SportStreamSearch Search.
Do you still have SportStreamSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SportStreamSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow SportStreamSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove SportStreamSearch adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SportStreamSearch adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SportStreamSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SportStreamSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SportStreamSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SportStreamSearch malware from your device.