TheConverterSearch is a browser hijacker. TheConverterSearch browser hijacker alters the new tab, search engine, and homepage of the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge web browser.
TheConverterSearch is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage by get.theconvertersearch.com.
However, in reality, TheConverterSearch is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
- Read your browsing history
- Change your search settings to: feed.theconvertersearch.com
The web browsing data collected by the TheConverterSearch adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because TheConverterSearch gathers browsing data from your browser, TheConverterSearch is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
TheConverterSearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to feed.TheConverterSearch.com and the TheConverterSearch browser extension has been installed, remove the TheConverterSearch extension as soon as possible using this TheConverterSearch removal instruction.
Uninstall TheConverterSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheConverterSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall TheConverterSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheConverterSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the TheConverterSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove TheConverterSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall TheConverterSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove TheConverterSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find TheConverterSearch Search and Remove TheConverterSearch Search.
Do you still have TheConverterSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select TheConverterSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow TheConverterSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove TheConverterSearch adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing TheConverterSearch adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
TheConverterSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove TheConverterSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the TheConverterSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed TheConverterSearch malware from your device.