TheRocketArcade is adware. TheRocketArcade adware displays ads as “Ads by The Rocket Arcade” in your web browser.
TheRocketArcade is usually recommended on the internet as a helpful new tab or homepage. However, in reality, TheRocketArcade is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser settings.
The web browsing data collected by the TheRocketArcade adware is used for advertising purposes. The browsing data is sold to advertising networks. Because TheRocketArcade gathers browsing data from your browser, TheRocketArcade is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
TheRocketArcade browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No major browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as dangerous.
If your home page or new tab has changed to hp.myway.com and the TheRocketArcade browser extension has been installed, remove the TheRocketArcade extension as soon as possible using this TheRocketArcade removal instruction.
Uninstall TheRocketArcade extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheRocketArcade” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall TheRocketArcade extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheRocketArcade” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the TheRocketArcade extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove TheRocketArcade from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall TheRocketArcade add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove TheRocketArcade from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find TheRocketArcade Search and Remove TheRocketArcade Search.
Do you still have TheRocketArcade in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select TheRocketArcade and click Uninstall.
- Follow TheRocketArcade uninstall instructions.
Remove TheRocketArcade adware with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing TheRocketArcade adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
TheRocketArcade adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove TheRocketArcade with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the TheRocketArcade detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed TheRocketArcade malware from your device.