when you see the Trojan Spyware Alert advertisement in your web browser, you are scammed. The Trojan Spyware Alert pop-up in your browser is a fake alert, set up by cybercriminals to mislead you into calling a tech support telephone number. Many of these scam websites are associated with adware programs specifically created for Mac.
Not only adware is responsible for the Trojan Spyware Alert pop-up ads. On the Internet, advertising networks also redirect your web browser to Trojan Spyware Alert. Some websites redirect users through advertising networks to generate revenue. Therefore your Mac Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox browser may end up on the Trojan Spyware Alert landing page. Do not call the phone number.
I recommend that you check your computer for adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is free to check your computer for adware. If adware is found on your computer, you can use Malwarebytes to remove it for free.
This way, you will not run the risk of unwanted advertisements from Trojan Spyware Alert and other sites that redirect your browser again.
Remove Trojan Spyware Alert pop-up ads
Remove Trojan Spyware Alert pop-up ads with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use on Mac OS X.
Adware leaves traces such as malicious files, p-list files, scheduled tasks on your Mac computer, make sure to completely remove ads by Trojan Spyware Alert with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Trojan Spyware Alert adware detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed adware that is responsible for Trojan Spyware Alert ads from your computer.
Remove Trojan Spyware Alert from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Trojan Spyware Alert by clicking the three dots on the right next to the Trojan Spyware Alert URL and click Remove.
Remove Trojan Spyware Alert from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Trojan Spyware Alert URL from the list, and change the status to Block, save Firefox changes.
Remove Trojan Spyware Alert from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Trojan Spyware Alert domain and select it, click the Deny button.