Akamaihd.net is a legitimate website. Akamai is a content delivery network, the problem with Akamaihd.net is that Akamaihd.net is abused by cybercriminals to host server applications that are related to adware or potentially unwanted program. When you notice any redirects to Akamaihd.net in your browser you have a browser hijacker installed.
Akamaihd.net adware is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this app promoting Akamaihd.net is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Akamaihd.net is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Akamaihd.net adware collects data from your browser, Akamaihd.net adware is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
The adware extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Akamaihd.net and the malicious Browser extension has been installed, remove the Browser extension as soon as possible using this Akamaihd.net removal instruction.
Browser extension is a pseudonym for adware. Adware can have many different names.
Uninstall Akamaihd.net from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Browser extension” responsible for the Akamaihd.net browser hijacker and click Remove.
Uninstall Akamaihd.net from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Browser extension” responsible for the Akamaihd.net redirect and click the three dots on the right of the Browser extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Browser extension from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Akamaihd.net from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Browser extension from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Akamaihd.net Search and Remove Akamaihd.net Search.
Do you still have Akamaihd.net in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Browser extension and click Uninstall.
- Follow Browser extension uninstall instructions.
Remove Akamaihd.net with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Akamaihd.net with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Akamaihd.net adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Akamaihd.net with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Akamaihd.net detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Akamaihd.net from your device and web browser.