Charmsearching.com is a browser hijacker. Charmsearching.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Charmsearching.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Charmsearching.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Charmsearching.com collects data from your browser, Charmsearching.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Charmsearching browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Charmsearching.com and the Charmsearching browser extension has been installed, remove the Charmsearching extension as soon as possible using this Charmsearching removal instruction.
Uninstall Charmsearching extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Charmsearching” browser extension and click Remove. Search for any extension you do not know, the extension might have another name (to hide itself).
Uninstall Charmsearching extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Charmsearching” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Charmsearching extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Charmsearching from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Charmsearching add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Charmsearching from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Charmsearching Search and Remove Charmsearching Search.
Do you still have Charmsearching in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Charmsearching and click Uninstall.
- Follow Charmsearching uninstall instructions.
Remove Charmsearching.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Charmsearching.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Charmsearching.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Charmsearching.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Charmsearching.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Charmsearching.com from your device and web browser.