Find.customsearch.info is a browser hijacker. Find.customsearch.info browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Find.customsearch.info is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Find.customsearch.info is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Find.customsearch.info collects data from your browser, Find.customsearch.info is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Custom Search browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Find.customsearch.info and the Custom Search browser extension has been installed, remove the Custom Search extension as soon as possible using this Custom Search removal instruction.
Remove Custom Search
Uninstall Custom Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Custom Search” browser extension and click Remove.
- If CustomSearch is managed by your organization, remove CustomSearch with Malwarebytes at the end of the instruction.
Uninstall Custom Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Custom Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Custom Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Custom Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Custom Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Custom Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Custom Search Search and Remove Custom Search Search.
Do you still have Custom Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Custom Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Custom Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Find.customsearch.info with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Find.customsearch.info with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Find.customsearch.info adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Find.customsearch.info with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Find.customsearch.info detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Find.customsearch.info from your device and web browser.