Hi.gt is a legitimate search engine. Hi.gt alters the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Hi.gt is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a hijacker that redirects the browser to hi.gt search results.
The data collected by Hi.gt is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Hi.gt collects data from your browser, Hi.gt is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Hi GT browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Hi.gt and the Hi GT browser extension has been installed, remove the Hi GT extension as soon as possible using this Hi GT removal instruction.
Uninstall Hi GT extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Hi GT” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Hi GT extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Hi GT” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Hi GT extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Hi GT from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Hi GT add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Hi GT from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Hi GT Search and Remove Hi GT Search.
Do you still have Hi GT in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Hi GT and click Uninstall.
- Follow Hi GT uninstall instructions.
Remove Hi.gt with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Hi.gt with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Hi.gt adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Hi.gt with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Hi.gt detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Hi.gt from your device and web browser.