HomeHelpGuide is a browser hijacker. HomeHelpGuide browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
HomeHelpGuide is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by HomeHelpGuide is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because HomeHelpGuide collects data from your browser, HomeHelpGuide is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
HomeHelpGuide browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to HomeHelpGuide new tab and the HomeHelpGuide browser extension has been installed, remove the HomeHelpGuide extension as soon as possible using this HomeHelpGuide removal instruction.
Uninstall HomeHelpGuide extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “HomeHelpGuide” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall HomeHelpGuide extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “HomeHelpGuide” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the HomeHelpGuide extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove HomeHelpGuide from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall HomeHelpGuide add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove HomeHelpGuide from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find HomeHelpGuide Search and Remove HomeHelpGuide Search.
Do you still have HomeHelpGuide in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select HomeHelpGuide and click Uninstall.
- Follow HomeHelpGuide uninstall instructions.
Remove HomeHelpGuide with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing HomeHelpGuide with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
HomeHelpGuide adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove HomeHelpGuide with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the HomeHelpGuide detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed HomeHelpGuide from your device and web browser.