Hp.Quicksearchtool.com is a browser hijacker. Hp.Quicksearchtool.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Hp.Quicksearchtool.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Hp.Quicksearchtool.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Hp.Quicksearchtool.com collects data from your browser, Hp.Quicksearchtool.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Quick Search Tool browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Hp.Quicksearchtool.com and the Quick Search Tool browser extension has been installed, remove the Quick Search Tool extension as soon as possible using this Quick Search Tool removal instruction.
Remove Quick Search Tool
Uninstall Quick Search Tool extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Quick Search Tool” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Quick Search Tool extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Quick Search Tool” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Quick Search Tool extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Quick Search Tool from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Quick Search Tool add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Quick Search Tool from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Quick Search Tool Search and Remove Quick Search Tool Search.
Do you still have Quick Search Tool in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Quick Search Tool and click Uninstall.
- Follow Quick Search Tool uninstall instructions.
Remove Hp.Quicksearchtool.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Hp.Quicksearchtool.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Hp.Quicksearchtool.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Hp.Quicksearchtool.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Hp.Quicksearchtool.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Hp.Quicksearchtool.com from your device and web browser.