MyPrivacyKeeper.com is a browser hijacker. MyPrivacyKeeper.com browser hijacker alters the default search engine of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge browser.
MyPrivacyKeeper.com is regularly offered on the internet as a helpful search engine. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of browsing data from your browser.
The data collected by MyPrivacyKeeper.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because MyPrivacyKeeper.com collects data from your browser, MyPrivacyKeeper.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Web Protection for Chrome browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to MyPrivacyKeeper.com and the Web Protection for Chrome browser extension has been installed, remove the Web Protection for Chrome extension as soon as possible using this Web Protection for Chrome removal instruction.
Uninstall Web Protection for Chrome extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Web Protection for Chrome” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Web Protection for Chrome extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Web Protection for Chrome” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Web Protection for Chrome extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Web Protection for Chrome from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Web Protection for Chrome add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Web Protection for Chrome from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Web Protection for Chrome Search and Remove Web Protection for Chrome Search.
Do you still have Web Protection for Chrome in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Web Protection for Chrome and click Uninstall.
- Follow Web Protection for Chrome uninstall instructions.
Remove MyPrivacyKeeper.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MyPrivacyKeeper.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MyPrivacyKeeper.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MyPrivacyKeeper.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MyPrivacyKeeper.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MyPrivacyKeeper.com from your device and web browser.