QuickGoSearch.com is a browser hijacker. QuickGoSearch.com browser hijacker modifies the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
QuickGoSearch.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by QuickGoSearch.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because QuickGoSearch.com collects data from your browser, QuickGoSearch.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Browse Private browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to QuickGoSearch.com and the Browse Private browser extension has been installed, remove the Browse Private extension as soon as possible using this Browse Private removal instruction.
Uninstall Browse Private extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Browse Private” (the extension also have another name) browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Browse Private extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Browse Private” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Browse Private extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Browse Private from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Browse Private add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Browse Private from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Browse Private Search and Remove Browse Private Search.
Do you still have Browse Private in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Browse Private and click Uninstall.
- Follow Browse Private uninstall instructions.
Remove QuickGoSearch.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing QuickGoSearch.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
QuickGoSearch.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove QuickGoSearch.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the QuickGoSearch.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed QuickGoSearch.com from your device and web browser.