Search.funsafetabsearch.com is a browser hijacker by iMali media. Search.funsafetabsearch.com browser hijacker alters the new tab page of the Google Chrome browser.
Search.funsafetabsearch.com is regularly offered on the internet as a helpful extension. However, in reality, FunSafeTab is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Search.funsafetabsearch.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Search.funsafetabsearch.com collects data from your browser, Search.funsafetabsearch.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
FunSafeTab browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Search.funsafetabsearch.com and the FunSafeTab browser extension has been installed, remove the FunSafeTab extension as soon as possible using this FunSafeTab removal instruction.
Uninstall FunSafeTab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FunSafeTab” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall FunSafeTab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FunSafeTab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the FunSafeTab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove FunSafeTab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall FunSafeTab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove FunSafeTab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find FunSafeTab Search and Remove FunSafeTab Search.
Do you still have FunSafeTab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select FunSafeTab and click Uninstall.
- Follow FunSafeTab uninstall instructions.
Remove Search.funsafetabsearch.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search.funsafetabsearch.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search.funsafetabsearch.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search.funsafetabsearch.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search.funsafetabsearch.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search.funsafetabsearch.com from your device and web browser.