Search.hsearchtab.org is a browser hijacker. Search.hsearchtab.org browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Search.hsearchtab.org is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Search.hsearchtab.org is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Search.hsearchtab.org collects data from your browser, Search.hsearchtab.org is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Search Tab browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Search.hsearchtab.org and the Search Tab browser extension has been installed, remove the Search Tab extension as soon as possible using this Search Tab removal instruction.
Remove Search Tab
Uninstall Search Tab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search Tab” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Search Tab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search Tab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Search Tab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Search Tab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Search Tab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Search Tab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Search Tab Search and Remove Search Tab Search.
Do you still have Search Tab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Search Tab and click Uninstall.
- Follow Search Tab uninstall instructions.
Remove Search.hsearchtab.org with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search.hsearchtab.org with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search.hsearchtab.org adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search.hsearchtab.org with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search.hsearchtab.org detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search.hsearchtab.org from your device and web browser.