Searchmulty.com is a browser hijacker. Searchmulty.com browser hijacker modifies the new tab and homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Searchmulty.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Searchmulty.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Searchmulty.com collects data from your browser, Searchmulty.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Multy App browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Searchmulty.com and the Multy App browser extension has been installed, remove the Multy App extension as soon as possible using this Multy App removal instruction.
Remove Multy App
Uninstall Multy App extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Multy App” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Multy App extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Multy App” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Multy App extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Multy App from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Multy App add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Multy App from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Multy App Search and Remove Multy App Search.
Do you still have Multy App in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Multy App and click Uninstall.
- Follow Multy App uninstall instructions.
Remove Searchmulty.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Searchmulty.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Searchmulty.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Searchmulty.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Searchmulty.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Searchmulty.com from your device and web browser.