Update-search.com is a browser hijacker. Update-search.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Update-search.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Update-search.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Update-search.com collects data from your browser, Update-search.com is also classified as (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
UpdateSearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Update-search.com and the UpdateSearch browser extension has been installed, remove the UpdateSearch extension as soon as possible using this UpdateSearch removal instruction.
Remove UpdateSearch adware
Uninstall UpdateSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “UpdateSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall UpdateSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “UpdateSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the UpdateSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove UpdateSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall UpdateSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove UpdateSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find UpdateSearch Search and Remove UpdateSearch Search.
Do you still have UpdateSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select UpdateSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow UpdateSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Update-search.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Update-search.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Update-search.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Update-search.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Update-search.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Update-search.com from your device and web browser.