Files777.com is a dangerous website that redirects your web browser to Regpodcasts.com. Regpodcasts.com downloads a malware file to your computer which is blocked by default by the Google Chrome Safe Web protection.
More information about the malware can be found on VirusTotal.com.
Files777.com domain is associated with adware programs and malware software.
Not only adware is responsible for the Files777.com pop-up ads. On the Internet, ad networks can also redirect your browser to Files777.com. Some websites redirect users through ad networks to generate revenue. Therefore your browser may end up on the Files777.com site.
I recommend that you check your computer for adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is free to check your computer for adware. If adware is found on your computer, you can use Malwarebytes to remove it for free.
This way, you will not run the risk of unwanted advertisements from Files777.com and other sites that hijack your browser again.
Remove Files777.com adware with Malwarebytes
I advise you to remove Files777.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a complete adware removal tool and free to use.
Adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove unwanted ads from Files777.com with Malwarebytes.
Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions. Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish. Once completed, review the Files777.com adware detections.
Click Quarantine to continue.
Reboot Windows after all the adware detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully deleted adware that is responsible for Files777.com advertisement from your computer.
Remove Files777.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Files777.com by clicking the three dots on the right next to the Files777.com URL and click Remove.
Remove Files777.com from Android
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, find the Chrome menu.
- In the menu tap Settings, scroll down to Advanced.
- In the Site Settings section, tap the Notifications settings, find the Files777.com domain, and tap on it.
- Tap the Clean & Reset button and confirm.
Remove Files777.com from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Files777.com URL from the list, and change the status to Block, save Firefox changes.
Remove Files777.com from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the top right corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Go to Internet Options in the menu.
- Click on the Privacy tab and select Settings in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Files777.com URL and click the Remove button to remove the domain.
Remove Files777.com from Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to Settings, scroll further down to Advanced Settings
- In the Notification section click Manage.
- Click to Disable the on switch for the Files777.com URL.
Remove Files777.com from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Files777.com domain and select it, click the Deny button.
Remove malware with Sophos HitmanPRO
In this second malware removal step, we will start a second scan to make sure there are no malware remnants left on your computer. HitmanPRO is a cloud scanner that scans every active file for malicious activity on your computer and sends it to the Sophos cloud for detection. In the Sophos cloud both Bitdefender antivirus and Kaspersky antivirus scan the file for malicious activities.
When you have downloaded HitmanPRO install the HitmanPro 32-bit or HitmanPRO x64. Downloads are saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
Open HitmanPRO to start installation and scan.
Accept the Sophos HitmanPRO license agreement to continue. Read the license agreement, check the box and click on Next.
Click the Next button to continue Sophos HitmanPRO installation. Make sure to create a copy of HitmanPRO for regular scans.
HitmanPRO begins with a scan, wait for the antivirus scan results.
When the scan is done, click Next and activate the free HitmanPRO license. Click on Activate Free license.
Enter your e-mail for a Sophos HitmanPRO free thirty days license. Click on Activate.
The free HitmanPRO license is successfully activated.
You’ll be presented with the malware removal results, click Next to continue.
Malicious software was partially removed from your computer. Restart your computer to complete removal.