Newsplus.cc is a fake website usually displayed on computers, phones or tablets that have accepted to send advertised notifications from the Newsplus.cc site.
Newsplus.cc is a website set up by cybercriminals to display unwanted ads. Ads through Newsplus.cc are displayed via push notification functionality in your web browser.
If you have accepted ads from Newsplus.cc, these ads are displayed in the bottom right corner in Windows or through the web browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
If the Newsplus.cc website is displayed in your web browser, then you have been redirected via a rogue ad network to the Newsplus.cc website. In most cases, users do not visit the Newsplus.cc directly, but a redirection to Newsplus.cc is created through an ad network.
The Newsplus.cc tries to convince users to accept notifications after the referral. The message displayed to mislead users usually contains texts like “Click here to continue” or “Verify that you are not a robot”. They are misleading messages that trick you into clicking on the Allow button that appears in the web browser at the same time. In reality, you are not accepting a referral but accepting to allow push notifications to be sent to your computer, phone or tablet.
You must remove the Newsplus.cc notifications from your computer. The notices sent through Newsplus.cc redirect the web browser to various dangerous ads that might infect your computer.
Most of the ads sent through Newsplus.cc are based on misleading texts. However, some ads promote adware programs and malware programs that may further infect your computer with malware.
If you continuously see ads that redirect to Newsplus.cc, I recommend checking your computer for malware, more specifically adware. Adware programs are known to continually display ads to trick users like you into clicking on them. Therefore, check your computer for adware immediately and remove adware programs from your computer as soon as possible. Removing adware can also instantly stop Newsplus.cc ads from appearing on your computer.
Make sure to remove the Newsplus.cc notification permissions first from your web browser settings.
Remove Newsplus.cc from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome browser, in the address bar type: chrome://settings/content/notifications
or follow the steps below.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Newsplus.cc by clicking the three dots on the right next to the Newsplus.cc URL and click Remove.
Newsplus.cc successfully removed? Please share this page on social media or on a website and help other people. Thank you!
Remove Newsplus.cc from Android
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, find the Chrome menu.
- In the menu tap Settings, scroll down to Advanced.
- In the Site Settings section, tap the Notifications settings, find the Newsplus.cc domain, and tap on it.
- Tap the Clean & Reset button and confirm.
Remove Newsplus.cc from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Newsplus.cc URL from the list, and change the status to Block, save Firefox changes.
Remove Newsplus.cc from Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- In the left menu click on Site permissions.
- Click on Notifications.
- Click on the three dots on the right of the Newsplus.cc domain and Remove.
Remove Newsplus.cc from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Newsplus.cc domain and select it, click the Deny button.
Continue to the next step.
Remove Newsplus.cc adware
Malwarebytes is a comprehensive malware removal tool and Malwarebytes is free to use.
Malicious websites such as Newsplus.cc redirect you to dangerous advertisements that advise adware applications, the Newsplus.cc website also redirects the browser to other malware such as crypto miners and various exploits. Make sure to completely clean your computer from malware with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the push notification detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed adware and other malware from your computer.
How to prevent Newsplus.cc virus
If your computer is not adequately secured, viruses and other malware can get onto your computer in many different ways. This can happen by clicking on a link that takes you to a website that puts malware on your computer without you knowing it. Or by opening an email that is infected with a virus or spyware.
Indications that your computer may be infected are:
- You get warnings from friends or colleagues that you are sending strange emails to them, such as with advertisements.
- Your computer is noticeably slower and crashes more often, such as every few minutes, and then restarts.
- Your computer is doing calculations while you have not given any instructions yourself.
- You see – for example, while surfing the Internet – constant pop-ups that you did not ask for.
- You get strange and unknown browser notifications.
- Your firewall or virus scanner is sometimes switched off automatically.
- Your hard drive has been (partially) erased.
- Unbeknownst to you, there are files stored on your computer that you don’t know about.
- There are new icons on the desktop that you did not place yourself.
- Your Internet browser home page has been changed to a strange homepage that you did not set up.
- If you type in a wrong URL, you end up on the same, often commercial, website every time.
- When searching the Internet via a search engine, you see advertising instead of the desired search results.
- There is a new toolbar in your browser that you did not ask for.
Read more: How to know my computer has been hacked?
Nothing can completely guarantee the safety of your computer. Still, you can do a lot to lower the chances of getting a computer virus or malware.
It is vital to keep your antivirus software current with the latest updates (usually called antivirus definition files), allowing it to identify and remove the latest malware.
You can continue to improve your computer’s security and lower the possibility of infection by using a firewall, keeping your computer updated, keeping up with your subscription to antivirus software, and following some recommended procedures. For detailed information on how to avoid infection, go to the Microsoft Windows website.